WHY DO I NEED ALTERNATIVE WELLNESS CENTRE?
The human body is equipped with its own natural healing process. This occurs at different levels: physical, mental and emotional. When sickness arises, it interferes with this natural healing process since we are subjected to the following in day-to-day activities:
STRESS & PHYSICAL INJURIES
Emotional traumas such as: fear, anger, grief, sadness, jealousy, worry and guilt. Sometimes we cannot effectively process and release these emotional traumas and therefore, causing “dis-ease”. Exposure to EMF (electromagnetic pollution) from devices such as electronics, cell phones, TV’s, VCR’s, microwave ovens, power plants and electrical appliances. Harmful chemicals in our food, water and air supply.
These are only a few factors that disrupt the communication networks of the body and therefore, disrupt the healing process. By re-establishing these communication networks, the body can then heal itself quickly and effectively.
HOW DOES ALTERNATIVE WELLNESS CENTRE WORK?
The primary principle of the BodyTalk System™ is to balance the bodymind complex. The bodymind complex consists of an intricate weaving together of physiological functioning, emotional/mental interactions, biochemical functioning, hereditary influences, genetics, and environmental factors. Within each human being is the “innate wisdom” of the body which allows our bodies to maintain equilibrium. This is addressed as follows:
The BodyTalk System™ uses neuromuscular biofeedback in order to assist communication with body’s innate wisdom. This feedback provides the practitioner with either a “yes” or “no” response to a series of questions asked to the body. This provides a framework in which the practitioner can obtain the conditions of the bodymind complex in order to create optimum health. The BodyTalk practitioner adheres to a strict protocol to determine what needs to be balanced so that the bodymind can be in a state of harmony. This involves linking different endocrines, organs, and/or body parts as to balance communication between these areas. This is done on a physioloical, biochemical, emotional, and energetic level. The practitioner and/or client lightly touches the area(s) that need to be balanced. The practitioner then taps the head of the client very gently with his/her fingers in order to address & restore the imbalance. This technique is based on Hatha Yoga philosophy, and when the brain is activated in this manner, it increases brain activity in relation to these areas of contact. Then the practitioner lightly taps the chest in order to store the changes in the energetic heart complex. This allows the newly balanced state to be stored.
IS BODYTALK SAFE?
The BodyTalk System™ has proved to be a safe and valuable healing modality. It is being practiced in many countries throughout the world with exceptional results. BodyTalk sessions are relaxing, enjoyable, & safe since there is only a rebalancing of energy systems throughout the body. The BodyTalk System™ is not a substitute for allopathic medicine. If you have a health concern, you should always consult a physician. The BodyTalk System™ does not diagnose, treat or prescribe medications.
HOW LONG DO BODYTALK SESSIONS LAST?
The initial session is 60 minutes and includes an assessment as well as a full session. Subsequent sessions last 45 minutes.
WHY ARE FOLLOW-UP SESSIONS ONLY 45 MINUTES?
A BodyTalk session includes the treatment itself and the sharing of insights that came up during the session. Research has shown that 30 minute sessions result in optimum healing results.
HOW DID BODYTALK ORIGINATE?
The BodyTalk System™ was developed by Dr. John Veltheim. He has worked in the health care field for over 20 years and has studied chiropractics, acupuncture, Reiki & bioenergetics. He took all of his knowledge and combined it into a single modality called “BodyTalk” in order to address diseases such as: infections, viruses, allergies, poor immune system functioning, organ dysfunction, arthritis, blood sugar balancing and musculo-skeletal disorders. Now, The BodyTalk System™ has grown at a rapid rate and has become available in many countries around the world and is now achieved International recognition.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS TO BODYTALK?
During a session, the practitioner taps into the body’s innate wisdom so that there is awareness of what the client’s body can safely deal with. The clinical results of a BodyTalk session have deemed it to be totally safe. However, there may be certain healing symptoms that may occur. For example, if a client’s body is ridding itself of a virus, then some flu-type symptoms may occur. Symptoms may also develop after treating toxins, parasites and emotional releases. The symptoms are always temporary and only last a very short period of time.
After a blood sugar balancing treatment, if the patient is a diabetic, insulin levels must be monitored. BodyTalk practitioners understand to never treat blood sugar levels on a diabetic unless they can monitor and adjust their own insulin levels.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
There is no set number of treatments. The number of sessions is determined by what the body needs and is influenced by health conditions, goals, and receptiveness of each person. Some people need only 1 or 2 sessions, others 5 or 6, and many people prefer to come for more sessions to balance high stress levels.
HOW DO I GET MOST OUT OF MY HEALING SESSION WITH CHRISTA?
- Be on time for your appointment. If you are late for the session, then it reduces the amount of time needed to do a full healing session. So, to maximize healing benefit, be on time for your appointment.
- Time. Allow enough time to get to the session so that you are not in a rushed or frantic state. Best to arrive to the session in a calm and relaxed manner so that you can settle into the session with a clear mind which allows you to focus on the healing you are about to receive instead of your mind racing with thoughts about work, school, family or other concerns. When in a relaxed state, the body can then go into the rest and repair modes of healing.
- Come with an open mind and be open to receive the healing. When you are in a receptive state and not attached to specific outcomes, you open yourself up to positive new energy to create healing shifts in wonderful ways you never thought possible.
- Know that every person’s experience will be different. Some people will notice a dramatic shift soon after a session. Whereas, other people may notice a series of gradual shifts over a longer period of time as the healing unfolds. How you heal is unique to you. Honour and celebrate your personal process and progress of healing and the time it takes for you to come back into balance.
- Wear comfortable clothes. This will help you to relax. Tight clothing can create physical tension on the body making it harder to relax and settle into the session.
- Consider abstaining from alcohol or recreational drugs 24 hours before your session and for a few days after the session. These substances are hard for the body to precess and can put stress on the body, mind and spirit which can slow down the healing process and affect the healing results of the session.
- Allow enough time for sleep and rest after your appointment. After the session, the body can enter into relaxation mode. So allowing more time for rest, and going to sleep earlier on the night of the session, can help the body to shift into a mode where deeper healing, cellular repair and rejuvenation can take place.
- Stay well hydrated. Drinking an adequate amount of water in the days following the session, can help to ground you and can help the body to flush out toxins – including physical, emotional and mental toxins as your vibration shifts into a brighter, more positive and vibrant state.
- Look at healing from a holistic perspective. Is there something out of balance in your life that you need to take action about to create a healthy change? When things are out of balance in our lives, it can create stress and make us sick. So, oftentimes, healthy changes need to be made regarding lifestyle factors, diet, exercise programs, the home environment, relationship dynamics and work habits..etc to also support the healing process. If something is out of balance in your life and causing you stress or illness, then consider making a healthy change which can have a positive affect on your overall well-being. Remember, you have the power to create positive change and restore balance and health to your life.
- Create a solid commitment for healing. It’s very important to be committed to working on your health and well being everyday. We often live busy lives and don’t take time for self care. Make time for your healing and take responsibility for your health to do the work it takes to heal. This can include booking healing sessions as well as follow up sessions, getting medical check ups making healthy lifestyle changes, meditation, exercise and a daily routine of self care so that you can return to a state of wellness.
- Book regular follow up BodyTalk healing sessions with Christa to optimize health. Be consistent with booking follow up sessions when they are recommended because more than one session is often needed to create long lasting healing results. When you book a series of healing sessions, then it gives you more opportunity to strengthen, come back into balance and heal which can be the key to successful healing.
ARE DISTANCE SESSIONS AVAILABLE?
Yes. Christa has been trained to be able to provide highly effective distance treatments. She has worked with clients across Canada, the United States, Europe and Africa. Once Christa has worked with you in-person first, then distance sessions can be booked.
ARE DISTANCE SESSIONS AS EFFECTIVE AS IN-PERSON SESSIONS?
Distances sessions are equally as effective as those performed in person. Christa has worked with clients across Canada, the United States, Europe and Africa.